Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Why I Hate Society, But Love Humanity

'Why I Hate Society, But Love Humanity || Spoken Word'
- Inspired by Jefferson Bethke & Suli Breaks.

I created this spoken word video to highlight how humanity is slowly losing sense of purpose and reality, the more we go on through the ages. I wrote the poem entirely by myself and I presented the poem myself. I also directed, produced and edited the video myself. I hope you all enjoy it and I hope you can connect with me on the same level. Jamie :)

***(If anybody wants to use my words for their own production, please contact me for approval first!)***

*SCRIPT BELOW*

START- 
In our Society today, do you class yourself as free?
Or are you constantly clinging onto things, which give no guarantee?
Do our materialistic items ever deliver to us real happiness?
Or do they distort us from reality, and for our conscience are they poisonous?
See happiness comes within, yet we always tend to forget,
We spend our whole lives chasing money, and on our deathbeds seem to regret.
I used to be unaware of this; I'd let others shape my desires,
I'd give in to authority's logic, only to realise it came from liars. 
See, I would always be looking for freedom, but I never found it until I realised,
That in order to truly experience it, then maybe I should dematerialise?
But there are only few who live this way... those sometimes stereotyped as pathetic,
However honestly to be fair, it's those who judge that are wrongly Apathetic.
See this was me 3 years ago; I was ignorant & naïve with plenty of confidence,
I'm only 20 now, but I realise that back then I just had no social conscience.
And you may think: this might be me? Or you may just not have realised yet,
But if getting wasted just doesn't fulfil you, then on that, I'd place a bet. 
See apparently we're doing things the right way, hunting fame for the reward of 'happiness',
But does this actually full fill us? Or do we forget about just living in contentedness?
It's like just because we don't break laws; it doesn't necessarily make us innocent, 
African children are dying and suffering from illness, and we're sat there cursing immigrants? 
See first world problems are always seen on the news, prioritised over third world needs...
We apparently preach we're all human; yet seem to be incapable of such good deeds.
And this is real immaturity, yet it mostly comes from adults, who would have 'thought'?
We don't accept responsibility for our planet, and we just hope we don't get caught. 
In World War 1 and World War 2, those people fought for our peace,
We talk with respect in history, but the Morales we've learnt have mostly deceased.
For example if we know that violence only promotes more violence, then why do we still fight wars? 
If we really want to protect each other, then why aren't we removing the root cause?
See we need to stop following public opinion, and start thinking properly for ourselves,
We need to stop separating nations, and throw our pride upon the shelves.
I've learnt that just because I'm not blind, it doesn't automatically make me see,
Are you satisfied with the way things are? Are you searching for truth like me?
You can't tell me we're fulfilling our purpose; we seem to ignore it more each day,
We pretend we're on route to peace on earth, but truthfully we've lost our way.
And you may think that I'm just illogical, you may think I'm just a dreamer,
You may think this is all inevitable but trust me; I'm not just your average believer. 
See it's our society that is unworthy; we seem to be forgetting how we got here,
You would have thought that we have matured by now, and realised that time is dear.
Because if humanity doesn't become aware of this, and if our ignorance goes too far,
Then the future for all life is ruined, because one day, our earth will scar. 
-END

My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jamiedunmore...
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/JamieDunmore or @JamieDunmore
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/jd0781?fe...
My E-mail Address: dunmore93@hotmail.co.uk
Subscribe Here: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_dv3...

Filmed by Ryan Ball
Twitter: https://twitter.com/BallRJ or @BallRJ
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ryan.ball.75...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?

Join Us On Facebook?

Please Wait 5 Seconds...Skip

Trending Articles